Project Pipeline Idea: Post 1
The Project: In the simplest terms, my idea is to make a detailed miniature of a town. The town would be approximately 5ft by 5ft, contain buildings, scenery, and inhabitants. It will follow a theme chosen by the group on day one (modern, Victorian, circus, ect.) and have a consistent style throughout. The town will be made out of cardboard, wire, sculpt, and other found objects. Imagine it as a set for a stop-motion film. The characters featured within the town will be in active poses that contain story. This town is meant to be made so that the viewer could come back again and again and notice new things that they hadn’t before.
And remember all the cool scenes from your favorite stop motion films?
Roles: Many people with a variety of talents will be needed.
- Director: Kaitlyn Fuchs- As your director I will work, plan, and participate with all groups to make sure the project goes smoothly. If any problems occur, I will do my best to sort them out. This is a group effort which means all of our ideas and thoughts on the project are important. If this idea is chosen, I will make sure everyone in the group has a say and influence on the final product.
- Head of Art Direction: I will need someone with a firm grasp of design and color principles.
~Designers: There will be three different groups of designers. Designers will work on 2D plans of the final product.
- Layout Designers: People who have a strong sense of color and design. They will formulate a color palate and consistent style for the town. They will decide the layout of the town. (streets, houses, buildings, lakes, ect.) They should also have a story-driven mindset, as they will be deciding what the people of the little town are doing. They will communicate with the other designers what people, props, buildings, ect, they feel are needed.
- Building Designers: People with strong drawing skills that will design the buildings from multiple angles and draw it so that it can be easily built.
- Prop Designers: People with strong drawing skills that can draw props that match the chosen style of the town so that they may be easily build. Plant life, and trees will be included as a prop.
- Character Designers: people with strong drawing skills who can design characters from multiple angles. They must also consider if their characters are possible in 3 dimensions so that the builders can create them easily.
~Builders: There will be three different groups of builders. Builders will create 3d versions of the 2d designs.
- Building Builders: People with strong 3D and sculptural skills that can turn the building designs into sculptures.
- Prop Builders: People with strong 3D and sculptural skills that can turn the prop designs into sculptures.
- Character Builders: People with strong 3D and sculptural skills that can turn the character designs into sculptures. For those experienced in sculpty, this is the place for you.
- Head of Editorial: An organized and reliable person who will update the project blog, make the credit lists, the making-of-production, and research competitions
Timeline: This is a visual version of the timeline. For a larger version press the link beneath it.Project Pipeline Fuchs