I am a passionate animator and 3D modeler.

Student Choice Project: Post 5

Its been a busy week!  After many scratches and nicks in my fingers, I managed to finish the metal armature of my octopus character and perform a short test with it.

I am pretty happy with the mixture of stability and flexibility that the figure has.  The lowest portion of its body has wires that cross and are attached to each other at the intersection to increase stability.  The belly portion also involves wires that cross, but one is looped around the other instead of firmly attached. Octopus This allows the wires to slide along each other increasing the range of movement so that the creature can have a bouncy belly.  The neck is attached to the body with slightly loosened loops of wire so that the head may turn.  It wasn’t easy to make, and the sting in my fingers suggest that perhaps I should invest in a good pair of gloves.  However, I am pretty satisfied with the overall results.  Hopefully, I will be able to continue building onto this skeleton (my order from JoAnn’s fabrics has finally arrived).  In any case, I have learned a lot from this project about manipulating wire so that it performs in the way I want it to.

As for now, I am going to rest my fingers.  Especial my thumbDSCN7319.

Advertisements

2 responses

  1. Love how this turned out!! Hope your fingers feel better 🙂

    December 13, 2012 at 11:05 am

    • Thanks! By the way, if your ever interested in making some sort of stop-motion film contact me!

      December 13, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s